Friday, September 7, 2007

Heaven - A place called Haiku Village

Here in Haiku Village there are maybe 5 different models of homes - all built in I think the late 60's and early 70's. We live in what I call model #3 - 3 bedrooms (although we've hoveled out a 4th) and 2 baths. I've been in other Model 3's in the neighborhood. I think mine is BY FAR the oldest, most in need of repair, messiest (at times), loudest, busiest, fullest, most wonderful one in the village.

Susan is home from college (but only for 3 more days - sob sob). Jacob is happy he got his license yesterday - on his first try! Gabe keeps the phone lines burning with the numerous girls who call to hear him sing to them (I kid you not). Hannah is so excited about turning 7 next Friday (and eyeing her presents in Aunty's room). And Michelle comes bounding off the school bus with a huge smile on her face everyday and leaps into my arms saying "Mom - I'm home!"

I always knew Heavenly Father liked me best.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's pretty amazing that "Heaven in Hawaii" is the only thing that keeps me from moving away! As loud, noisy and busy as ur model# 3 home is, it's probably the only place that I could have ever called home! U and ur family are without a doubt the best, most loving and strangest bunch of people, however it makes me fit right in! I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

~Shay~ said...

this PERFECTLY describes that house on the dead end street that my brother and i used to hope and wish for an invitation to on sundays after church. exactly how i remember it too. :)