Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Invasion of the Time Snatchers

So as most of you know I am a very organized person (usually). I can remember appointments etc. without having to write a note to myself (usually). But nowadays it seems things are getting out of hand...

This morning I remembered that the new kids' Guardian Ad Litem was coming over at 9:30. Luckily she called and said it would be more like 10:00.

I say luckily because this is what I forgot. Michelle's therapist was coming over at 9:00. She was on time.

The Guardian Ad Litem showed up at 9:50 so I kicked the therapist out.

I also forgot that Lehua's Enhanced Healthy Start worker was coming over at 10:30 so when she showed up I kicked out the Guardian Ad Litem.

Its 11:38 and the Healthy Start gal just left.

Whew!

Honestly, 7 kids is no work at all compared to the time it takes to deal with all of the adults assigned to offer us "support services"! This week alone I have spent 12+ hours either meeting with, talking on the phone to or corresponding with these "helpful" folks.

And its all the same - same questions, same discussion...

I'm tired - and its only Wednesday - and the dreaded Catholic Charities social worker is coming back tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: