Sunday, August 23, 2009

Some Utah Photos


Well I am sitting in the LAX Admiral's Club waiting for my flight back to Hawaii. Gene and kids don't get back until Tuesday.

Some random photos of our stay in Utah. We stayed in a great townhouse in downtown Ogden. It had 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen etc., could sleep 10. And all for only $70 per night! It was so convenient to everything! We will definitely rent this place again the next time we come.

Hannah loved the stairs and was usually crawling up and down them head firts. I got her to pose on one of her climbs.

Here's a picture on Michelle sitting at the kitchen bar.

Gene and I both slept really well at this place - sleeping in until 7:00 on some days - unheard of back home in Kaneohe!

We went to dinner our first night in Utah with the Boman Family. It was just the beginning of our "over-eat" vacation.

I cooked at the townhouse several nights - one night we had our old friend Dave Monobe over for dinner.

The Bomans had a nice BBQ for us one night! Steaks and all the works. It was great visiting with them and with the Hillstroms, both old friends from our former life in Ogden.

My deaf friends had a BBQ for us too on Friday night at Cindy Tuckett Kerr's house in West Layton. It was great to see her, her family, Chris Brown, Heidi Ercanbrack, Pam Tuckett Bowker and Cindy Frew. It felt good to sign again and to understand sign language. I was surprised at how quickly it all came back...and also how patient these gals were with my signing!!!

On my last night in Utah we went to Steve and Kathy's for another BBQ. it was fun to see all their grandchildren! Hannah turned the water hose on all the kids and got them all soaked. Steve and Kathy have such a nice family.

We also went to our niece Rachel's wedding on Saturday at red Moose Lodge in Eden. The temperature was supposed to hit like 106 but, thankfully, it didn't. The chairs were in the shade so it was a very nice afternoon. I'll post wedding pictures later.

So now I'm headed home to see my Carly and Lehua! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Bunch of Bradys said...

What a beautiful family!!! We miss you and look forward to crossing paths again!

Bunch of Bradys said...

What a beautiful family!!! We miss you and look forward to crossing paths again!

Bunch of Bradys said...

What a beautiful family!!! We miss you and look forward to crossing paths again!