Monday, January 25, 2010

Top 45 Reasons I Find My Brother Steve Endearing

We had a belated Happy Birthday Party for my bro Steve yesterday. His birthday was really on the 19th.

He's 45!

So... Here's the Top 45 reasons I find him endearing:

45. He has a super blog you gotta check out http://kuhiovogeler.wordpress.com/
44. He doesn't borrow money
43. He has good teeth
42. He's not just entertaining - he's entertainment
41. He knows the theme song from Mannix
40. When he was like 13 he made really good chocolate eclairs
39. He gives REALLY good gifts
38. He stopped riding the bus
37. He knows alot of people by their first name only
36. He has a wacky wave
35. His hair is finally turning gray
34. He's an Asian chick magnet
33. He always brings something yummy when its potluck
32. He's a prompt person
31. His jokes are not even funny - but he thinks they are
30. He took care of my 2 little kids once when Gene & I left town
29. He gives me the best lei
28. He covers his mouth with his hand when he is talking with food in his mouth
27. He cannot whisper - ever
26. He sees most every movie that comes out
25. He reads hard books and knows hard words.
24. He goes by Kuhio - but doesn't get upset when I call him Steve
23. No tattoos!
22. He could talk nonsense with Jacob for hours - this is when they were both adults, not kids
21. He has kept Mom's legacy alive in the Hawaiian community
20. He's tall (sorry height-challenged men - I prefer tall)
19. He comes to all of Gabe's plays.
18. He remembers birthdays.
17. He went to see Hannah and Michelle participate in Special Olympics
16. He says "Hi" to everyone he sees - everyone
15. He eats whatever I fix
14. He doesn't stink
13. He cannot, I repeat- cannot - win at "Hi Henry"
12. He only knows people to whom English is a 2nd language
11. I can always count on him to bring a nonChristian to a Christian celebration at our home
10. He generously takes leftovers back to hungry students at East-West Center
9. He no longer rides a bike.
8. He told me who Bill W was. This after several people asked if I was a friend of Bill W.
7. He loves our family.
6. He laughs alot - often - and loudly.
5. He is not depressed event though the "good-looking" gene got diluted before it could reach him.
4. He is content with the fact that he cannot write prescriptions.
3. He would do anything for me.
2. He has really pretty and smart siblings.

And the Number One Reason I Find My Brother Steve To Be Endearing:
COCO PUFFS!

No comments: