Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm A Little Bit Country

I leave tomorrow for Nashville. I am attending the annual Building Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) State Systems meeting and the Native American/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian Expert Panel on FASD semiannual meeting (I am a panel member representing Native Hawaiians).

Its kind of hard to go at this particular time - with Hannah's health issues still up in the air. Fortunately she has a capable and loving father who will be here with her.

The meetings are usually quite intense (with some content - mostly the medical - over my head) but it helps me to stay on top of the latest research and information about FASD, the devastating scourge that affects my two youngest children. There is hope out there as more and more people recognize the disability and wider research and treatment options are made available.

I have kind of a down day on Tuesday so I am planning to drive to Louisville to visit my step mother. Its about a 3 hour drive.

Expect blog updates sporadically - and mostly addressed to the girls.

I get home on Friday night - then will spend the whole night cooking and preparing for our ward's annual Mother's Day Breakfast. Fun!

Looking at my whole itinerary I have to ask myself - "WHY did you schedule a flight with a 3 hour layover in San Francisco - the airport with the smallest Admirals Club in the world and the one with NO SHOWER???" I must be slipping.

No comments: