Sunday, August 22, 2010

I Am Good At...

So to boost my self esteem a bit (everybody can use that at one time or another) I decided to share one thing I am really good at.

Hmmm...what could it be?

I know...

I am a good pie maker! I really am. I detest store/bakery bought pies. I would never think of serving such inferior products in my home or at any dinner for which I am responsible.

And I DETEST as in HATE premade crust!!!!

I love homemade pies. Fruit, pudding - any kind!

I love the process of measuring the flour and salt and butter and water.

I love mixing the dough to just the right consistency.

I enjoy rolling out the dough with a wooden rolling pin.

I revel at stretching the dough to the perfect size to fit in the 9 inch glass (it must be glass!) pie plate.

I love filling that smooth surface with something yummy.

I love the smell of my kitchen as the pie cooks.

But most of all...

I love seeing how much the love of my life enjoys eating my pies!

Tonight its pumpkin topped with vanilla ice cream!

No comments: