Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Service

Everyday I pray that I might recognize service opportunities around me. I am looking forward to tomorrow. I had volunteered to prepare dinner for a friend who is going to the temple. Since going to the temple for the first time is quite a thing to celebrate I told her I would bring a dinner for her and her family and whomever else goes to the temple with her. So right now I am not sure how many people that will be - but I will be ready no matter how many.

Then I found out that a family we know have had a number of tragedies. The oldest adult son died on oct. 29, then the mom had a massive stroke last week and is in a coma and unresponsive, then 11 hours after she went in the hospital the Dad was admitted to hospice (he had been sick for years) and he died Sunday night. So I will provide dinner for their family (7 adults) tomorrow night too.

I have been scouring my recipes to see what I will prepare - it is a bit of a challenge because we are oven-less. We get a new one on Friday.

Am thinking maybe spiral ham (in my big roaster), baked beans (in my crock pot), rice, salad and rolls. Dessert -- hmmm. Still thinking about that one!

No comments: