Thursday, September 8, 2011

Second Email from Gene in China

Have a little time before we head out, so I thought I would talk a little more. You are probably asleep now so you will get this when you wake. Our guide Peter has been very nice, he is very knowledgeable and he speaks very good English. Yesterday Wendell stayed at the farmers house because he over did the hike and sprained his knee. It was a difficult climb, so it was good he stayed back. This morning he felt good enough to go with us up the mountain. There are a lot of people here in Beijing. King's Joy hotel is about a five minute walk to the Forbidden City. We are leaving most of our luggage here at the hotel while we travel to Xi'an. We will only take our backpacks. I think the guys are glad the hiking is over. Our driver, Shao doesn't speak English, but he is friendly. Here in the hotel they have an aquarium with red fish, it is large, very colorful. Last night we had BBQ trout, it was good. We've had an array of food, most I was familiar with. Miss you, like I said I will try to email you tomorrow.

No comments: