Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Final Surprise!

So this whole trip was a series of surprises for Gene.

Surprise 1 - Destination! I only told him 2 days before.
Surprise 2 - Winchester House. We had heard about it but never gone to it!
Surprise 3 - Cottage - I knew he'd love our own little place!
Surprise 4 - Safari - He knows how I feel about animals so was totally surprised I booked this!
Surprise 5 - Redwoods - This was on his bucket list!
Surprise 6 - Hot Air Balloon - Knowing my fear of heights, he was in awe that I planned this!
Surprise 7 - Point Bonita - I know these ocean, cliff, fog things are among his faves!

The final surprise - Surprise 8 - was extra special and I didn't tell him about it until a few hours before.


While we were at Point Bonita I hired a personal chef to go to the cabin and prepare and serve our anniversary dinner.

The menu - I selected Gene's favorites:

Appetizers:
Mushrooms stuffed with spinach, bacon & goat cheese
Caprese Skewers

Soup:
Warm Tomato Soup with Basil Coulis

Entree:
Breast of chicken with Apricot/Cherry Sauce

Vegetables:
Stuffed Baked Potato
Glazed Baby Carrots

Dessert:
Apple Crumb with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream



When we returned from Point Bonita our cottage had been transformed into a romantic restaurant complete with flowers and candles.


I forgot to take pictures of all of the food but here's the mushrooms (or 1/2 of them at least)


And here's the chef, Elyse Bolton of the Brass Spatula, and her assistant Kathleen. Can't believe they prepared such an extraordinary meal in such a short time in our cottage!
And not only do they prep, cook and serve, but they also clean up too!!!


Gene thought the dinner was fabulous - and I was thrilled that I was able to pull off all 7 surprises and that he loved them all. I am so happy I made the WRIGHT choice 34 years ago!


THE END of the 34th Anniversary Tale
but NOT the end of our Story!

Stay Tuned..for Time and All Eternity

No comments: