Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Point Bonita!

I had heard about this lighthouse that is only accessible via a rickety wooden bridge that only allows 2 people to cross at a time. I knew I would be soooooooooooo afraid and I knew Gene would love it - so it definitely was a MUST on this trip.

Point Bonita Lighthouse is located in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. The hike to the lighthouse is steep in some spots but flat in others. And every great hike needs a tunnel!



It was a very foggy day when we went - which made the trek more exciting! The power of the ocean below the trail is unbelievable!

The bridge to the lighthouse is indeed wooden, rickety and scaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrry! (That's it in the background!)

I am so brave! The bridge sways with the wind!
And as you can see from my hair it was WINDY!

Love shot at Point Bonita!



Gene loved this place - and because he loved it - SO DID I!!!

No comments: